|Birthname||Timothy James Curry|
|born on||19 April 1946 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Cheshire, England, 53n15, 2w30|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||28°47' 01°43 Asc. 04°43'|
British actor, composer and singer best known for his role as Dr. Frank N. Furter in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," 1975, maintaining its status as a wildly popular cult favorite clear into the next century.
Curry is the son of a Methodist Royal Navy chaplain, James, and his wife Patricia, a school secretary. When he was six months old his father was reassigned to Hong Kong. His father died when Curry was 12. He spent four years at a junior school in Plymouth, two years at a boarding school located in Bath and then five years at Kingswood. He was a boy soprano in the church at the age of six and was doing Shakespeare by the time he was ten. He took a year off to work on boats in the Mediterranean traveling to Morocco, Belgium, and the south of France before enrolling in Birmingham University. He graduated with combined honors in English and drama.
Soon after graduation, Curry got a role in the London production of "Hair." He created the role of Dr. Frank N. Furter in "The Rocky Horror Show" on stage and then starred in the screen version. Curry continued his career on the New York and London stages with starring roles in "Travesties," "Amadeus," "The Pirates of Penzance," "The Rivals," "Love for Love," "Dalliance," "The Threepenny Opera," "The Art of Success," "Me and My Girl," and "My Favorite Year."
A composer and a singer, Curry toured the U.S. and Europe with his own band and released four albums for A&M records. In addition to an active movie and television career, he performs in CD-ROM productions, audio books and in animated television series and videos. He has received two Tony award nominations for best actor and won the Royal Variety Club Award as "Stage Actor of the Year." He won an Emmy for his voice portrayal of Captain Hook in Peter Pan and the Pirates.
Curry lives in Los Angeles with his dog, Frank, and enjoys tending his enormous decorative garden.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1975 (Appeared in "Rocky Horror Picture Show")
Frederick Davies quotes him in "Signs of the Stars."
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Age 12 when his dad died)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours in musical group)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Dog)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Gardens)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (Traveled for year working boats)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (To Hong Kong in his youth)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Own band)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Actor of the Year Award)