Cowens, Dave W.
|Birthname||David William Cowens|
|born on||25 October 1948 at 04:28 (= 04:28 AM )|
|Place||Newport, Kentucky, 39n05, 84w30|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°53' 29°36 Asc. 00°57'|
American basketball star, drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1970. Small for a center, he showed his cirtics what an aggressive desire to win could do. During his first preseason game in August 1970, he was named the game's MVP. He shared the NBA Rookie-of-the-Year Award that year. The red-haired, left-hander played aggressively, recklessly, and passionately throughout his career.
He played with the Celtics for 10 years, serving as player/coach during the 1978-79 season. He gave up the coaching role and played out the 1979-80 season, after which he retired from the sport. However, he was coaxed out of retirement by the Milwaukee Bucks for the 1982-83 season before quitting for good. During his active career, he was selected to seven All-Star games and was named to the All-NBA Defensive First Team in 1976. In 1978, he was chosen league MVP and MVP of the All-Star Game. The Celtics during the 70s won two championships in 1974 and 1976.
Just before the 1994-95 season began, Cowens returned to the game as an assistant coach with the San Antonio Spurs, and in 1996, began the first of three seasons as head coach of the Charlotte Hornets.
He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame on May 13, 1991.
- Work : New Career 1970 (first year of professional basketball)
- Work : Prize 1978 (MVP for season and for All-Star Game)
- Work : Retired 1980 (from the Celtics)
- Work : New Job 1982 (came out of retirement for one more year of play with a different team)
- Work : New Job 1994 (assistant coach)
- Work : New Job 1996 (Coach of Charlotte Hornet for three years)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Traits : Body : Size (6'9"; 230 pounds)
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker
- Traits : Personality : Persistent
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem
- Vocation : Sports : Basketball
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Basketball head coach)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame