|born on||7 January 1957|
|Place||Arlington VA, USA, 38n53, 77w07|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°10' or|
American journalist and co-anchor of the Today show since April 5, 1991. She joined the program in June 1990 as its first national correspondent, becoming a substitute co-anchor in February 1991 for a few months until she was made anchor.. She is also seen at the anchor desk of another news show Dateline NBC. In April 2006 she announced that she was leaving the show in September to take over the anchor desk of CBS Evening news. She would be the first sole female anchor and managing editor of a network newscast and will contribute pieces to "60 Minutes" as well.
She married Jay Monahan in 1989 and she and her husband had two daughters. He died of colon cancer in 1998.
Two years later, in 2000, she began dating Tom Werner, TV producer, but they split up in October 2004, unable to keep up their long-distance bi-coastal relationship.
On September 5, 2006, she began her new assignment as solo anchor for CBS Evening News. On April 26, 2011 she announced her intention to step down from the job.
- Death of Mate 1998
- Relationship : Marriage 1989
- Work : New Career January 1990 (became national correspondent for "Today" show)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : End Major Project 2011 (CBS Evening News anchor)
PT quotes web sources and "Who's Who."
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Family : Childhood : Family close
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (two)