|Birthname||Carpenter, Karen Anne|
|born on||2 March 1950 at 11:45 (= 11:45 AM )|
|Place||New Haven CT, USA, 41n18, 72w54|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°33' 18°26 Asc. 00°36'|
American musician, a member of a popular brother-sister singing team "The Carpenters," who sold millions of hit records in the early '70s. They made densely layered, pop-oriented demo tapes which caught the attention of Herb Alpert who signed them to A&M Records, 1970. They released their first album in November 1970, "Ticket to Ride." "Close to You" sold over a million records, No. 1 in the U.S. and several other countries.
Karen had a brief marriage to Tom Burris, but showed no signs of emotional distress serious enough to cause a breakdown. In late 1981, she went to her brother with the admission that "something was wrong" when she and the family realized that her lack of appetite was a serious problem.
Carpenter moved inexorably into anorexia nervosa, but seemed on the edge of recovery in 1982, With treatment, she managed to pump her weight from a frail 80 lbs on her 5' 4" frame to a nearly normal 110 lbs. She and Richard were working on their 12th album, "Voice of the Heart." She was her bubbly, energetic self until the end, when, after an eight-year battle, Karen died in her parent's home of cardiac arrest on 2/04/1983, Downey, CA.
- sibling relationship with Carpenter, Richard (born 15 October 1946)
- Death by Heart Attack 4 February 1983 (From anorexia, age 32)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Change in Appearance 1981 (Began to show her starvation)
- Social : Secrets revealed 1981 (Asked her brother for help)
Steinbrecher quotes B.R.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Carpenters)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Three)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Eating Disorder (Anorexia nervosa)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One brief marriage)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Singing partner with brother)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive
- Family : Parenting : Kids none