Carol II, King of Romania
|born on||15 October 1893 at 00:58 (= 12:58 AM )|
|Place||Sinaia, Romania, 45n21, 25e33|
|Timezone||LST m26e06 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°50' 19°03 Asc. 20°36'|
Romanian royalty, a talented man who had a checkered career. He renounced the succession in December 1925 but was allowed to continue his reign, until he was forced to abdicate and accepted Russia's ultimatum 6/27/1940.
Known for encouraging writers, musicians and actors, modernizing industry and his love for military pomp, Carol' s reputation was generally blemished for renouncing the throne - twice - for love. Known for his romantic escapades, he was given the nickname of the "playboy king." Carol ruled the country from 1930 to 1940, installing a royal dictatorship in 1938, outlawing all political parties. He abdicated on 9/05/1940 and died on 4/04/1953, Estoril, Portugal and he and his third wife, Elena Lupescu were buried in Portugal. Their bodies were repatriated on 2/14/2003, buried in the Aotthen Romanian town of Curtea de Arges. Elena, his flame-haired mistress, became the king's wife after he abdicated and went into exile, scandalizing Romanians with the liaison at the time. His son, King Michael, did not attend the ceremony.
- child relationship with Michael, King of Romania (born 25 October 1921)
- parent relationship with Marie, Queen of Romania (born 29 October 1875)
- Work : Lose social status 1925 (Renounced succession)
- Death, Cause unspecified 4 April 1953 at 12:00 noon in Estoril, Portugal (Age 60)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Robson in British Journal of Astrology Mar/1931, from a Romanian correspondent who checked the local papers at the time of Carol's birth." (1:00 AM Bucharest time; rectified by Robson to 1:06 AM LMT.) October 3, 1893 OS. Same in SS No.172, NS date, 1:00 AM.
- Traits : Personality : Creative (Talented)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Romania)