|born on||4 March 1953 at 00:10 (= 12:10 AM )|
|Place||Bristol, England, 51n27, 2w35|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°08' 18°12 Asc. 20°06'|
British astrologer who began his study at 18, in 1971, turning pro in 1975 after graduating Cambridge University with a history degree. He returned to London University to take post-graduate courses in politics and international relations. Since then, he became an acknowledged expert on mundane astrology and the history of astrology. In 1995 he returned to consulting after a leave of ten years.
Campion's books include "The Practical Astrologer," The Book of World Horoscopes" for which he won the 1992 Marc Edmund Jones Award, "Mundane Astrology," with Charles Harvey and Michael Baigent, and "The Great Year: Astrology, Millenianism and History in the Western Tradition." He was editor of the British Astrology Journal in 1992, and elected President of British Astrological Association 6/1994.
Extensively traveled, Nick remembers with pleasure such sites as Kabul in Afghanistan, the Shwedagon pagoda in Rangoon, Australia and Egypt, Moscow, Budapest and Barcelona as well as American tours.
On 7/21/2002, he was awarded the Regulus Award for Professional Image at UAC, Orlando, FL.
He is Senior Lecturer in the School of Archaeology, History and Anthropology, director of the Sophia Centre for the Study of Cosmology in Culture, and course director of the MA in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Author of several books on the history of astrology, including:
- "An Introduction to the History of Astrology" (1982)
- "The Great Year: Astrology, History and Millenarianism in the Western Tradition" (London: Penguin, 1994)
- "Astrology, History and Apocalypse" (2000).
- "History of Western Astrology" 2 Volumes (London: Continuuum, 2008,9)
- "What Do Astrologers Believe?" (London: Granta Books 2006).
- Social : Begin Travel 1975 (Trip to Afghanistan, enjoyable)
- Work : Prize 1992 (Marc Edmund Jones Award)
LMR quotes his letter 4/l993
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Cambridge, London)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Mundane books)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Marc Edmund Jones Award)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession