|born on||31 December 1945 at 16:31 (= 4:31 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n03, 118w14|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°00' 11°57 Asc. 05°58'|
American artist whose whimsical and colorful animal creations come out of her imagination. Never having taken art classes in her life, she has experienced a success of which most artists can only dream. Her brilliantly hued designs first became popular in the '80s and in the late '90s, she had a resurgence of interest in her line of dinnerware, household items, clothing and accessories, as well as continuing to create fine art for collectors.
Burch's animal imagery of cats, horses, dogs and other creatures is familiar, along with her pottery, scarves and household decor. "I do it because I love it," she says, "I can't do it fast enough. It's an absolute passion and joy. I get ideas every few seconds, and have to choose among the visions in my mind." A flower-child of the '60s, she sold her jewelry at street fairs, soon adding her design onto pottery and garments.
Burch has suffered from osteopetrosis from age seven, a brittle bone disease usually associated with aging. Her
response to this disability as a child was to withdraw into her own world -- "a magical inner landscape that was more colorful and beautiful than where I was, in my own body." By 2000, she is either on crutches or in a wheelchair after a round of hospitalizations and operations over the past five years. With legs damaged from cumulative fractures, Burch had to sell her home in the beloved Monterey peninsula and more to Sausalito, near San Francisco. Her son Jay handles the franchising of her designs. She also has produced a book, "Fantastic Felines," published by Chronicle Books.
- Health : Chronic illness 1953 (Crippling osteo began, age seven)
Bonnie Svardal quotes her; she had her chart done a long time ago and knew her information.
- Vocation : Writers : Humor (Creative cat book)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing (Clothing, accessories, household items)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Legs (Crippled, wheelchair or crutches)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Son helps with merchandising)
- Traits : Personality : Creative (Vivid imagination, spirited)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bone (Degenerative osteopetrosis from age seven)