|born on||12 January 1928 at 15:30 (= 3:30 PM )|
|Place||Portsmouth VA, USA, 36n50, 76w17|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°25' 29°05 Asc. 01°10'|
American black singer nicknamed "Miss Rhythm," she was a runaway success of rhythm and blues over one hundred records. Singing in the church choir from the age of six, her voice dominated and led her into clubs and bars. After Brown was discovered and signed to a record company, her career took off.
Brown's runaway hits in the '50s included "Teardrops From my Eyes" and "Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean." She appeared in the film "Hairspray" and hosted a radio series.
By 1961, her style was no longer popular and she faded into obscurity in Long Island with her third husband. After they separated, she went through a time period when she drove a bus and cleaned houses to support herself. In 1977, she began a comeback through a few minor singing gigs. In 1985, the production of "Black and Blue" for nine months in Paris started her on the road to professionalism again. Brown won a Grammy for the album, the show was wildly popular and her come-back included a Tony Award in 1989. She found that success was sweeter the second time around.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1935 (First started singing, age six)
- Relationship : Marriage 1947 (First marriage, Jimmy Brown)
- Work : Lose social status 1961 (Career started fading)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1977 (Started to get her singing back with performances)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 (Black and Blue)
- Work : Gain social status 1988 (High popularity)
- Work : Prize 1989 (Tony award for "Black and Blue")
Lynne Palmer quotes her
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Three)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Miscellaneous : Cleaning service (Housecleaning)
- Vocation : Travel : Crew/ Ship, Train, Bus (Bus driver)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Notable : Awards : Grammy
- Notable : Awards : Tony (1989)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater in the '50s)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Club act)