|born on||20 February 1912 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Avignon, France, 43n57, 4e49|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°38' 27°46 Asc. 05°49'|
French writer famous for "The Bridge Over the River Kwai," 1954, which was made into an award winning film in 1957. He earned a degree in electrical engineering in Paris and spent two years as an engineer before moving to Malaysia in 1938 to oversee a rubber plantation near Kuala Lumpur.
He joined the French army in Indochina in 1939. After the fall of France, he fled to Singapore and joined the Free French as a secret agent. Posing as an Englishman, he helped organize resistance to the Japanese in China, Burma and Indochina. Boulle was captured by the Vichy French in 1943 while trying to float down the Mekong River on a raft, and was sentenced to a life of hard labor. While in prison, he began keeping a diary. After he escaped in 1944, he made his career as a writer.
His novels include "Planet of the Apes," 1963, which was made into a movie in 1968. He also wrote two books of memoirs, 1967 and 1990.
Died on 1/30/1994, Paris.
- Family : Change residence 1938 (Moved to Malaysia)
- Social : Joined group 1939 (French Army)
- Crime : Arrest 1943 (Captured by Vichy French)
- Social : Deinstitutionalized - prison, hospital 1944 (Escaped)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1954 (The Bridge Over the River Kwai)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1963 (Planet of the Apes)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1967 (Memoirs)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Memoirs)
Gauquelin Vol. 6/1615
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Civil/ Political (Helped organize resistance)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Life of hard labor)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Engineer : Industrial
- Vocation : Law : Spy/ Counter agent (For Free French)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (French Army)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (X2)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror (Planet of the Apes)