Boettiger, John Roosevelt
|born on||30 March 1939 at 12:43 (= 12:43 PM )|
|Place||Seattle, Washington, 47n36, 122w20|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°15' 10°32 Asc. 05°26'|
American noted family, grandchild of former President Franklin D. Roosevelt. His parents are Anna Roosevelt, the first child of Franklin and Eleanor and their only daughter, and her second husband, John Boettiger.
Boettiger trained as a political scientist. In his early career, he worked in the Social Science Department of the RAND Corporation and at the U.S. Department of State. He subsequently moved into the field of psychology earning his PhD. For 20 years he was a professor of Human Development at Hampshire College in Amherst, MA and then moved to California where he became Professor of Psychology and Dean of Student Affairs at the California School of Professional Psychology. In 1975 he joined the board of the Christopher Reynolds Foundation, ultimately becoming its Vice-President and Treasurer.
Boettiger has written essays and opinion pieces and two books on U.S. policy in Vietnam. In his book, "A Love in Shadow," he explores the connections of social history and psychology.
For four years, 1999-2003, he was editor of two online journals, Reckonings and The Daily Reprobate.
His mother Anna, who married her third husband in 1952, died December 1, 1975. Like his mother, he married three times. On August 20, 1960, he married Deborah Ann Bentley; they divorced in 1970 after having two children, Adam John, born July 16, 1966 and Sara deNoyelles, born July 22, 1968. He married Janet Adler on July 21, 1971 again having two children Joshua Adler, born September 9, 1973 and Paul Woolf Adler born in 1977. He married for the third time in June 1989.
Boettiger describes himself as a "tender-hearted father and grandfather, retired professor, avid dilettante indoors and out, photographer, reprobate, curmudgeon."
- parent relationship with Roosevelt, Anna (born 3 May 1906)
- other kin relationship with Roosevelt, Eleanor (born 11 October 1884). Notes: Grandmother
- other kin relationship with Roosevelt, Franklin D. (born 30 January 1882). Notes: Grandfather
- other kin relationship with Roosevelt, Franklin III (born 19 July 1938). Notes: Cousin
- other kin relationship with Roosevelt, James (born 23 December 1907). Notes: Uncle
- other kin relationship with Roosevelt, John (born 1 March 1916). Notes: Uncle
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1970 (D. Bentley)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1977 (Son Paul)
Sy Scholfield quotes data from newspaper article, "Ninth randchild Born for President; News of Boettigers' Son Flashed to Mr. Roosevelt in Georgia," NY Times, March 31, 1939, p. 23.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3
- Vocation : Education : Teacher