|born on||30 August 1914 at 19:55 (= 7:55 PM )|
|Place||New York NY, USA, 40n42, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°47' 12°53 Asc. 14°00'|
American actress, the brassy but good-hearted heroine in dozens of comedies, musicals, films and stage productions. She was the daughter of old-time vaudevillians who put her on stage when she was three. She grew up traveling the world four times with their act. In 1930, she hit Hollywood, fresh from a Broadway hit. In her first 32 months at Warners, she made 27 pictures. Blondell was nominated for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in "The Blue Veil," 1951. She later played in two TV series, "Here Come the Brides," 1968-1970 and "Banyon," 1972.
Contrary to her public image, she had a shy inner side, and was keenly aware of her depressive periods. Blondell was a generous and outgoing person who was a loving woman. She married and divorced three men: cinematographer George Barnes, actor Dick Powell and producer Mike Todd. Her marriage to Dick Powell was highly domestic, as they both avoided the Hollywood social whirl. She stayed close to her sister Gloria, her two kids, several grandchildren and a couple dogs.
Blondell died of leukemia on 11/25/1979 in Santa Monica, CA.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1951 (The Blue Veil)
- Work : Gain social status 1951 (Nominated for Best Supporting Actress award)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1968 (Here Come the Brides)
- Work : End Major Project 1970 (Here Come the Brides)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1972 (Banyon)
Date from her, time from an interview with her by Wynn, who gave 1909. Same in Sabian Symbols No.104, 1909. An article in TV Guide, 4/29/1969, quotes a conversation she had with Dick Powell. She said she was going to fill out her studio biography and he said, "Lie about your age, take off five years." She said, "It seemed silly, but I did it. Instead of putting down 1914, the year I was born, I took off five years and made it 1909. That was a big laugh for Dick." (She had deducted five years and it made her five years older!) In October 2005, Jim Gorham sent a copy of the online death record giving her birth year as 1906 (same month day and place) and giving her death as December 25, 1979 in Los Angeles.
- Traits : Personality : Shy (Shy inner side, generous, outgoing)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Leukemia)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Grew up traveling the world)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Dick Powell, Mike Todd)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (From age three)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Vaudeville as a kid)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Two series)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women