|born on||14 July 1918 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Uppsala, Sweden, 59n52, 17e38|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°13' 01°55 Asc. 24°20'|
Swedish film director, a prestigiously productive and creative artist whose lens focused darkly on landscapes of tormented guilt and neurosis with only the occasional smile on a summer night. His preeminence is largely due to his "ability to attach my demons to my chariots," as he did ruthlessly. As an author, he has completed novels, memoirs and descriptions of his first love, the theater.
His four decades of filmmaking reaped Oscars for "The Virgin Spring," "Through a Glass Darkly," "Cries and Whispers," and "Fanny and Alexander."
As a child, he was sent to live with his grandmother after his mother died and before his father remarried. By age 12, when he discovered the magic lantern, cinema, his need for order and his love for magic somehow coalesced. Bergman began his career as a writer for the theater and for other film makers. He wrote the scripts of virtually all his own films.
Bergman was married five times, divorced four times and widowed once. One of his nine children, Daniel, has followed his footsteps as a film maker. After Bergman's divorce from Daniel's mother, concert pianist Kabi Laretei, he was involved with Swedish actress Liv Ullmann.
In October 2006 he underwent hip surgery. He never quite recovered and died on July 30, 2007 at his home on an island off the coast of Sweden. He had turned 89 two weeks prior to his death.
- lover relationship with Ullmann, Liv (born 16 December 1938)
- Misc. : Great Insight 1931 (Found his love of theatre, age 12)
Taeger Lexikon N.4 quotes a Swiss astrologer, no source. Discepolo has the date as recorded, no time.
The New Yorker magazine of 5/31/1999 quoted his mom's diary, written shortly after his birth, "Our son was born Sunday morning on 14 July."
- Traits : Personality : Pessimist
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Mom died, lived with grandmom)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Lonely, bleak)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Kabi Laretei and Liv Ullman)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Five)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Nine)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (One son is a film maker)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 89)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Wrote all his own scripts)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (His films were accredited with Oscar's)