Difference between revisions of "Bentine, Michael"
Latest revision as of 04:45, 22 January 2013
|Birthname||Michael James Bentin|
|born on||26 January 1922 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Watford, England, 51n40, 0w25|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°23' 14°40 Asc. 25°30'|
British comedian, a member of the famous Goons show, a music and sketches ensemble which began in 1951 on radio. Bentine was allowed free reign to experiment with his demented and surreal brand of comedy and they were soon wildly popular.
Born of Peruvian parents, Bentine was so shy that he stammered up to age 16. He created the popular TV puppet series, "The Bumblies" in 1954, becoming known for his frenetic monologues.
He was also an inventor and occasional investigator into the paranormal. He had to deal with the death of all three of his kids, a son killed in an air crash in 1971, a daughter who died from cancer in 1983 and another child lost in late February 1987. He himself faced prostate cancer with humor rather than conventional treatments and died on 11/26/1996, London.
- business associate/partner relationship with Milligan, Spike (born 16 April 1918). Notes: Co-stars in "The Goon Show"
- business associate/partner relationship with Secombe, Harry (born 8 September 1921). Notes: Co-stars in "The Goon Show"
- business associate/partner relationship with Sellers, Peter (born 8 September 1925). Notes: Co-stars in "The Goon Show"
- Work : Begin Major Project 1965 (Created The Bumblies)
- Death of Child 1971 (Son died in plane crash)
- Death of Child 1973 (Daughter died of cancer)
David Fisher quotes a letter from him, "believe 3:00 AM"
- Traits : Body : Race (Peruvian)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Lost all three kids)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (The Goons)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Parapsychology (Interest in paranormal)