|Birthname||Jenkins, Margaret Wendy|
|born on||18 April 1912 at 15:15 (= 3:15 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°13' 12°44 Asc. 19°23'|
British-American actress, a vivacious minor star who was on-screen from 1935 in Hollywood. She made her London stage debut in 1930, with the following year entering British film. Starting with her first American film, "It's a Small World," she made some 25 movies, of which only three gave her a chance to stand out, "Wings Over Honolulu," "Dead End" and "I Am The Law." She later appeared in TV commercials and was the host of one of TV's earliest talk shows and a syndicated radio program.
Her intimate association with mobster, Bugsy Siegel, to whom she was engaged, hastened the demise of her Hollywood career. Barrie died 2/02/1978 after a long illness, Englewood, NJ.
- Death by Disease 2 February 1978 (Long illness, age 65)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1935 (Debut on film)
- Work : New Career 1930 (First stage performance in London)
Kraum quotes her in AO-Science, Fall/1942
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Minor star)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Syndicated radio program)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Talk show host)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Engaged to Bugsy Siegel)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (TV commercials)