All data, including birth data, event data, biographical text and source notes in the Astro-Databank wiki are protected by international copyright. The holder of all rights to publish, modify and distribute these data is Astrodienst AG, Zollikon/Zürich, Switzerland.
Exception: The biographical notes and the source notes occasionally contain phrases or sentences which were not originally written by Astro-Databank or Astrodienst. Astrodienst does not hold copyright for such phrases or sentences.
The data in this wiki are available for astrological research, astrological publications and astrological discussion under specific conditions. By entering the wiki and reading its content, a visitor accepts the following conditions imposed by Astrodienst.
The data in the wiki consist of pages describing either a person or a mundane event.
- birth information
- source information, rating information, data collection details
- important event information
- relationship information: how this person is linked to others in the wiki
- category information
- biographical notes
- links to other public resources, mainly to Wikipedia biographies and portrait images
The right of the visitor to use the wiki and its features
A human person using a computer or other electronic device can visit the wiki website, view, read and search the data it contains, and use the various features this wiki offers in conjunction with the www.astro.com website. Many of these services are free of charge, some may be restricted to subscribers.
The right to use data for research, publication and discussion
The data may be used for astrological research, for astrological publications and for private or public astrological discussion. Each data records used in publications or discussion has to be quoted properly.
Publication means here works of individual creative writing, for example books, newspaper or magazine articles, articles for websites, which deal with individual persons or small groups of persons. No right is granted to copy data from this wiki into other large data collections.
Proper quotation means, that there must be correct citation which includes besides the data itself:
- the information of the fields 'Data Source' and 'Rodden Rating'
- a reference to the Astro-Databank wiki, which must be a functioning http link in electronic media.
- Example of a quote:
From Astro-Databank, www.astro.com/astro-databank/ , source: Birth Certificate (Rodden Rating: AA)
What is restricted or forbidden
- If you want to quote or use otherwise more than 100 data records in one publication, you need to receive permission from Astrodienst. One website is considered as one publication, i.e. it is not allowed to place 100 articles on it each with 100 data records. To request permission, please write by post or email. Please specify the details of the intended publication and the data you are going to use in it.
- It is not permitted to program a computer or other electronic device to access the Astro-Databank wiki or to extract and store data. General public search engines may index the wiki, but not store copies of the data records.
- It is not permitted to use data in a commercial context, except the right to quote up to 100 data records.
- It is not permitted to store the data in a searchable database and to offer any kind of astrological service based on the retrieval and display of such data.
- It is not permitted to integrate the Astro-Databank wiki into other websites with a technique like iFrames or something similar.
- It is not permitted to use the data in an offensive context.
These rules may be changed by Astrodienst at any time. The visitor accepts the location of Astrodienst in Switzerland as place of court for any conflict which may arise out of the publication and usage of these data.