|born on||15 November 1929 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Kansas City MO, USA, 39n06, 94w35|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°39' 02°43 Asc. 09°36'|
American film and TV actor who had a number of lean years before becoming a star with the character Lou Grant on the "Mary Tyler Moore Show," 1970-77 that segued into his own series, "Lou Grant," 1977-82, and "The Bronx Zoo," 1987-88. He is the winner of a total of seven Emmys.
Asner got his start in stage roles at the University of Chicago, and after Army service, joined the Playwrights Theatre in Chicago, eventually moving to New York to play on and off Broadway. He considers himself a solid character actor and was happy with that, knowing that when he grew a paunch and got bald, it did not mean an end to his career. His major popularity began when he was past 40, indeed with a paunch and a comfortable gruffness.
Married to Nancy Lou Sykes 1959-1988: his three kids include twins born in 1964; divorce after 28 years of marriage. He had a fourth child, Charles Edward Vogelman, on 8/05/1987 with his girl friend, Carol Vogelman, for whom he pays $2,100 a month in child support. On 8/02/1998, he married retired movie producer Cindy Gilmore, 58, in Los Angeles, CA.
President of the Screen Actors Guild in the '80s, Asner is very liberal and very outspoken on issues and politics.
- business associate/partner relationship with Moore, Mary Tyler (born 29 December 1936). Notes: Co-stars on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 5 August 1987 (Son born with a girl friend)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Letter from him in hand from Penfield, data in baby book
- Traits : Body : Hair (Bald)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Paunch)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (28 years, divorce)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Abusive - Neglectful (One child out of wedlock)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc. (Twins)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (On and off-Broadway, legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Mary Tyler Moore Show, more)
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection