|born on||31 March 1935 at 14:46 (= 2:46 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°17' 04°39 Asc. 27°52'|
American trumpet playing bandleader of the seven-man "Tijuana Brass" who received trumpet lessons from the age of eight. The group formed in 1962 and gained popularity with its South American rhythms at a time when rock was the most in vogue.
He founded A&M Records in 1962, along with Jerry Moss, with a $200 investment in his garage in suburban Los Angeles. By 1988, A&M had sales of $300 million annually and a stable of recording stars. They were bought out by the Dutch firm, Polygram Records, in 10/1989 for some $500 million; Alpert continued to help run the company. A hugely successful recording artist and businessman, he can notch five number one hits on his trumpet, along with 72 million copies of 21 albums. Alpert has received seven Grammy awards.
He put out "Second Wind," his first album in four years in 1996 through his new label, Almo Sounds, which was started in 1994 with longtime pal Moss. They set up their first road tour in eight years.
Privately a fine painter, he had a first formal exhibition of his colorful acrylics in 1989.
- Social : Joined group 1962 (Tijuana Brass)
- Work : Start Business 1962 (A&M Records)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (First exhibition of acrylics)
- Financial : Gain significant money October 1989 (Sold to Polygram Records for $500 million)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Start Business 1994 (Almo Sounds)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Second Wind)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Band)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches (Through record company)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Sold to Polygram Records for $500 Million)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Acrylic paintings, avocation)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (A&M Records/Almo Sounds with Jerry Moss)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Records and handling artists and groups)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Tijuana Brass)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Trumpet)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book