|Birthname||Edwin Eugene Aldrin, Jr.|
|born on||20 January 1930 at 14:17 (= 2:17 PM )|
|Place||Glen Ridge, New Jersey, 40n48, 74w12|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°02' 19°34 Asc. 26°44'|
American astronaut, the second man to walk on the moon after Neil Armstrong on 7/20/1969. They landed the lunar module Eagle while Collins remained in orbit in the spacecraft Columbia, a historic first.
Aldrin graduated third in his class at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY in 1951, earning his wings the following year. In 1959, he was a Korean War fighter pilot and Air Force major with eight years of service; he took an uncanny risk. Lacking any test pilot experience, he went to MIT for his doctorate in astronautics, specializing in the delicate science of spacecraft rendezvous. He dedicated his 1963 thesis on the subject, "To the men in the astronaut program. Oh, that I were one of them!"
Troubled by depression after his lunar excursion, he spent a year doing public relations work for NASA. Aldrin was too famous for a middling job and too inexperienced for one at the top. Then he returned to active duty in the air Force and was assigned as commandant of the services test-pilot school. In 10/1971 he was hospitalized for depression. In 1978, he faced up to another problem, alcoholism. He said he has not had a drink since then.
By 1987, Aldrin was a space technology consultant in Laguna Beach. He married in the fall to his third wife, Lois Cannon, with whom he scubas and skis. His kids, Mike, born in 1963, a flight attendant, and Andy, born in 1965, a Ph.D. at UCLA, are frequent visitors. A self-proclaimed futurist, he gives interviews and is prized on the lecture circuit.
He wrote two autobiographies, " Return To Earth" and "Men From Earth." In 8/1996, Aldrin published his first novel, an adventure drama written with sci-fi novelist John Barnes.
- associate relationship with Armstrong, Neil (born 5 August 1930)
- associate relationship with Collins, Michael (1930) (born 31 October 1930)
- business associate/partner relationship with Glenn, John (born 18 July 1921)
- compare to chart of Space: NASA (born 29 July 1958)
- Social : End a program of study 1951 (Graduated from West Point)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1963 (Son born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1965 (Son born)
- Mental Health : Depressive episode 1970 (Depression)
- Misc. : Retain professional help 1978 (Rehab for alcoholism)
- Relationship : Marriage 1987 (Lois Cannon)
B.C. in hand from Lynne Koiner. The location is given as Glen Ridge borough, city of Montclair, Mountainside hospital. The difference is 1 minute in the L&L of the two locations.
(Pioneers of Tomorrow quotes him for 2:00 AM, Glen Ridge and Gauquelin Book of American Charts gives Montclair, NJ)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (West Point, MIT Ph.D.)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Hospitalized)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Vocation : Travel : Astronaut
- Vocation : Travel : Aviation field (Space technology consultant)
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ military
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novel written with John Barnes)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Astronaut, second to walk on Moon)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book