|born on||1 March 1927 at 22:50 (= 10:50 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n04, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°42' 19°13 Asc. 14°28'|
American educator and astronomer who lectured at Griffith Observatory 1953-60, was a faculty member of UCLA from 1956, Professor of Astronomy from 1967 and Chairman of the Dept 1968-1975. He is the author of many articles in professional journals and of "Exploration of the Universe".
In the late 1970s, Dr. Abell bemoaned the fact that astrological students and "seekers" outnumber those in the more "respected" field of astronomy by a sizable margin, and felt compelled to warn the gullible that their "beliefs" were irrational. He was a member of Ciscop, a group of scientists who were adamantly anti-astrology.
His first marriage was in 1951; 2 kids; and a second marriage in 1972. Abell died of a heart attack 10/07/83, Encino, CA.
- Death by Heart Attack 7 October 1983 in Encino, CA (Age 56)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 1951 (First marriage)
- Relationship : Marriage 1972 (Second marriage)
- Work : Gain social status 1953 (Lecturer at Griffith Observatory)
- Work : New Career 1968 (Chairman of Dept. of Astronomy)
LMR quotes L.A. Times, data given by him
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Terminal attack)
- Vocation : Science : Astronomy
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (University)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (19 yrs in University)
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Anti-astrology and the occult)