|Birthname||Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr.|
|born on||16 April 1947 at 18:30 (= 6:30 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°08' 04°03 Asc. 25°55'|
American basketball star and collegiate champion who made his professional start with the Milwaukee Braves in 1969. He was voted the Most Outstanding Player of the 1970-1971 season. With parents both over 6' tall, he grew to 7'2". Abdul-Jabbar likes jazz and his privacy. With an income of some $2 million a year, he had a $41.75 million home in Bel Air, CA, which burned down in 1985.
In 1976, he sued his former business manager for $55 million for mismanagement of funds. He himself was sued in February 1987 for $150,000 owed in loans and big debts. In March 1989 he was convicted of misdemeanor charges stemming from an incident the previous April when he reportedly shoved another person at a shopping mall in Phoenix, AZ
Abdul-Jabbar retired in 1989 after 20 seasons and six championships. He is the author of "Giant Steps," 1983 "Kareem," 1990 and "Black Profiles in Courage," 1996.
On 3/15/1996, the retired Los Angeles Lakers center was arrested by U.S. Customs officials for the possession of six grams of marijuana at an airport in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He paid a $500 fine and was released. Abdul-Jabbar's run-ins with the law continued when, on 12/29/1997, criminal charges were filed stemming from a confrontation where the basketball star pinned a man to the ground at a Los Angeles mini-mall because of a parking dispute. He was arraigned on the charges on 1/29/1998.
On November 10, 2009 it was announced that he was suffering from leukemia; he had evidently received his diagnosis nearly a year earlier in December 2008..
- Work : New Career 1969 (Debut with Milwaukee Braves)
- Crime : Law suit 1976 (Sued business manager)
- Misc. : Trauma from Nature 1985 (House burned down)
- Work : Retired 1989 (Retired after 20 seasons)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Autobiography, Kareem)
Helen Allen quotes him in Dell, 7/1968
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, some Cherokee, some Caribian)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height 7' 2")
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Arrested for possession 1998)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (20 yrs in basketball)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extravagant (Ran up huge debts)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs (Huge debts, mismanagement)
- Lifestyle : Home : Property damage (Home fire)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Assault/ Battery (Assaulted man in mini-mall)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated (Manager for mismanagment of funds)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Lawsuit sued (For large debts)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name
- Vocation : Sports : Basketball
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Kareem)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Most Outstanding Player)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book