|born on||10 November 1877 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Glogau, Germany, 51n40, 16e06|
|Timezone||LMT m16e06 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°11' 20°18 Asc. 16°53'|
German Jewish writer and anti-war and antifascist activist. He is best known for his six-part cycle on World War I, 'Der große Krieg der weißen Männer' [The Great War of the White Men]. He died on 26 November 1968 in East Berlin.
- associate relationship with de Haan, Jacob Israel (born 31 December 1881). Notes: Zweig wrote "De Vriendt kehrt heim" about De Haan
- friend relationship with Freud, Sigmund (born 6 May 1856). Notes: Penpal
- friend relationship with Lasker-Schüler, Else (born 11 February 1869)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Arnold Zweig: das Leben eines deutsch-jüdischen Schriftstellers" by Manuel Wiznitzer (Fischer Taschenbuch Verlag, 1987), p. 92: "Seine Geburt am 10. November 1887, zwölf Uhr mittags, in Glogau, einer niederschlesischen Garnisonsstadt: »Mein Leben begann also damit, daß ich in Deutschland zur Festung verurteilt wurde.«"
Translation: About his birth on November 10, 1887 at twelve noon in Glogau, a garrison town in Lower Silesia, he wrote, "My life began when I was sentenced in Germany to the fortress."
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Anti-war and antifascist)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novelist)