|born on||14 March 1954 at 05:32 (= 05:32 AM )|
|Place||Chicago IL, USA, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°21' 26°27 Asc. 07°08'|
American actor, dancer and singer, swarthy, sexy and baby-faced, who came to attention in the late ’70s in the stage musical "Grease" and later appeared in the film "Grease II," 1982. He later played in the popular TV series "T. J. Hooker," 1982-85.
Zmed is the son of a Romanian Orthodox priest. Growing up in the "first family" of the church was difficult. An energetic child, he was expected to be a role model, and although he wasn’t always perfect, he was teased a lot and called "goody-two-shoes." His father wanted him to become a priest, but by the time Adrian was in third grade, he was already dreaming of being an actor and singer. As a teenager in high school, he tried out for the football team and did such a great job at halfback that it seemed obvious he was destined to have a career in sports, until he had a serious accident. He broke a bone in his leg, which in turn punctured a major artery. The doctors considered amputation, but opted to set the leg and observe his progress instead. Luckily they were able to save his leg, but he was crippled for several years as a result of the injury. For the rest of his high school career, Adrian turned his attention toward acting and performed in several plays, including "Guys and Dolls." He received a great deal of attention for his theatrical work and was selected as one of the top high school performers in Chicago. After convincing his father that he was making the right choice, he enrolled at the Goodman School of Drama. He also studied voice at the Chicago Conservatory of Music, and soon found himself cast as the lead in the touring company of "Grease."
Since his initial success, Zmed has worked in many films and several television series. He hosted the popular show "Dance Fever," and a fan of the Bozo’s Circus series, he fulfilled a lifelong dream when he briefly played "Adrian the Clown" in the 1980’s show. He has served on the Board of the National Council of Alcoholism and feels their message is a particularly important one for teenagers. During high school, he managed to resist peer pressure to use drugs and alcohol and still feels that these substances are for losers. He speaks fluent Romanian.
Zmed is married to his high school sweetheart, Barbara, and they have one son, Zackary.
- spouse relationship with Zmed, Barbara (born 8 June 1954). Notes: marriage July 24, 1976; divorced
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 (Appeared in film "Grease II")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 (Four year TV series "T.J. Hooker")
Joan McEvers quotes his wife, an astrology student
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Swarthy, baby faced)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Circulatory problems (Major artery puncture)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Legs (Serious broken leg)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Alcoholic awareness)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Raised Roman Orthodox)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (T.J. Hooker)