Zittel, Karl Alfred von
|born on||25 September 1839 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Baden, Germany, 53n00, 9e04|
|Timezone||LMT m9e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||01°32' 29°31 Asc. 23°04'|
German paleontologist and geologist. He studied in Heidelberg and Paris, entering geological survey at Vienna, and in 1836, Professor of mineralogy at Karlsruhe. He was made Professor of Paleontology and Geology at Munich, 1866.
Zittel made an expedition to Egypt and the Libyan desert 1873-74, valuable work. His "Handbook of Paleontology" in five volumes, 1876-93, is the most comprehensive and authoritive work in the field.
- Work : New Career 1836 (Professor of mineralogy)
- Work : New Career 1866 (Professor of paleontology/geology)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1876 (Start of five volume works)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor of Minerology, Paleontology, Geology)
- Vocation : Science : Geology
- Vocation : Science : Other Science (Palaeontologist)
- Vocation : Travel : Explorer (Expedition to Egypt and Libyan desert)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Handbook of Paleontology)