|born on||5 November 1937 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n04, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°50' 09°58 Asc. 03°20'|
American actor and leading man in the ’70s, with noted films including his debut performance, "End of the Road," 1970, "Doc," 1971, and "Nightmoves," 1975. The solemn, deep-voiced actor with piercing blue eyes has appeared in many stage classics including "King John," 1967.
Abandoned as an infant, he was left on a doorstep with a note giving his birth data. He was raised by a dentist and his office assistant wife, and although they had a relative in show business, Yulin had no plans to become an actor. After finishing college, he decided to be an artist like some of his friends but found he had no ability as a painter. At one point, he flirted with the idea of working in architecture in some fashion.
While living in Tel Aviv in the 1960s, he began acting and directing, and in 1963, he made his off-Broadway debut in "Next Time I’ll Sing for You." While he spent a great deal of time in New York during his career, he continued to live in California and helped found the Los Angeles Classic Theater. In 1997, he appeared in "The Diary of Ann Frank," and in 1980, he made his Broadway bow in the revival of "Watch on the Rhine."
When he’s not working, Yulin enjoys bird watching, and over the years he frequently traveled with his cocker spaniel, Max. When word of Max’s death reached the people they had met during their trips, letters began pouring in. Putting the drawings and letters together, he plans to publish the collection as the "Best of Max."
- Work : New Career 1970 (Film debut)
- Work : New Career 1963 (Theater debut)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1997 (Appeared in "Diary of Anne Frank")
Steinbrecher quotes him
- Family : Childhood : Adopted
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Lead roles)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Birdwatching)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (International travel)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Companion dog Max)
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Deep voice)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Personal : Birth : Abandoned