|born on||8 June 1903 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Brussels, Belgium, 50n50, 4e20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°21' 25°59 Asc. 10°24'|
Belgian writer, classical scholar and the first woman to enter L' Academie Francaise. She was the only child of Michel de Crayencour and the former Fernandel de Cartier de Marchienne. Her mother died when she was less than one month old, and she received her education from tutors. By age eight she was reading serious works and in her teen years, published two small poetry books.
Yourcenar wrote in her native French, and is best known for her fiction, especially " Memoirs Of Hadrian". Her other works includes essays , memoirs, and plays. She grew up in France and traveled widely, never having a stable home. Yourcenar decided to stay in the U.S., in early WW II, to teach comparative literature. She became a U.S. citizen in 1947, but was later reinstated as a citizen of France.
While in America, she and her companion, Grace Frick, bought a house in Northeast Harbor, ME. They remained there for many years, before Frick's death in 1979. Yourcenar died at age 88 in her home, 12/18/87.
- Social : Joined group 1947 (Became U.S. citizen)
- Death of Significant person 1979 (Death of friend, Frick)
Filipe Afreixo quotes Josyane Savigneau, "Marguerite Yourcenar." Same in Gauquelin Vol 6/810
In July 2012, forum member Victorine took a picture of the birth certificate, which is now on file at Astrodienst.
- Traits : Mind : Child prodigy (Serious reading by age eight)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Age one month when mom died)
- Family : Childhood : Only child
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Grace Frick)
- Lifestyle : Work : Mentor/Tutor (Educated by tutors)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (To U.S.)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (Traveled widely)
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Comparitive Literature)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction ("Memoirs Of Hadrian")
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Vocation : Writers : Poet (In teen years)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women