Young, John W.
|Birthname||John Watts Young|
|born on||24 September 1930 at 10:10 (= 10:10 AM )|
|Place||San Francisco, California, 37n47, 122w25|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°58' 01°48 Asc. 20°49'|
American astronaut and co-pilot on Gemini 3 in 1965 and Commander of the Mission Gemini 10 in 1966. He was navigator with Apollo 10 in 1969 and Commander of Apollo 16 in 1972 for the Moon landing. Together with Gus Grissom, they were the first astronauts to vary the orbit of their spaceship by manual control 3/23/1965.
During the Apollo 10 mission, he angered NASA brass by pulling out an unauthorized corned-beef-sandwich - NASA feared that crumbs would mess up delicate instruments. Later, on the moon, Young and Charles Duke floored their battery-operated car, provoking a reprimand for speeding. More seriously, in the wake of the 1986 Challenger explosion, Young issues a string of very blunt memos, embarrassing NASA by charging that it had sacrificed flight safety to meet a busy launch schedule.
Young started his career as a naval officer and test pilot. In 1994, he was America's oldest active astronaut at 63. He lives with his second wife, Suzy, in a Houston suburb. He had two grown kids. He has mellowed but only slightly.
- associate relationship with Duke, Charles Moss (born 3 October 1935). Notes: Crew of Apollo 16
- associate relationship with Mattingly, Ken (born 17 March 1936). Notes: Crew of Apollo 16
- business associate/partner relationship with Crippen, Robert L. (born 11 September 1937)
- compare to chart of Space: Apollo 16 (Launch) (born 16 April 1972). Notes: Crew member
- compare to chart of Space: Apollo 7 (Launch) (born 11 October 1968). Notes: Backup crew member
- compare to chart of Space: Columbia STS-1 (born 12 April 1981)
- Work : Great Achievement 1965 (Astronaut on Gemini 3)
- Work : Great Achievement 1966 (Commander of Gemini 10)
- Work : Great Achievement 1969 (Navigator on Apollo 10)
- Work : Great Achievement 1972 (Commander of Apollo 16, Moon landing)
Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Naval officer)
- Vocation : Travel : Astronaut (Navigator and Commander)
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ military (Test pilot)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure