Wyeth, Betsy James
|born on||26 September 1921 at 11:06 (= 11:06 AM )|
|Place||East Aurora, New York, 42n46, 78w37|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°01' 26°29 Asc. 00°06'|
American writer and noted family member, wife of artist Andrew Wyeth and mother of famous artist Jamie Wyeth. Together they had two sons, Jamie, an artist, and Nicholas, an art dealer. Betsy was instrumental in her husband's career, managing his business affairs and introducing him to the real-life woman who modeled for the famous painting "Christina's World."
She was the daughter of a newspaper editor and his wife. She met Andrew Wyeth and fell in love with him when she was a teenager and they married on May 15, 1940. She published several books concerning Wyeths including a book of their letters and a book for youngsters entitled "The Stray" in 1979.
- child relationship with Wyeth, Jamie (born 6 July 1946)
- spouse relationship with Wyeth, Andrew (born 12 July 1917)
- Relationship : Marriage 1940
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1979 (The Stray)
Steinbrecher quotes niece Carol Hurd Rogers from Betsy "recorded"
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Compatible
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (painter Jamie Wyeth)
- Vocation : Writers : Children's literature