|born on||14 October 1956 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Tuakau, NZ, 37s16, 174e57|
|Timezone||NZT h12e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°25' 12°18 Asc. 18°27'|
New Zealander dancer and choreographer, founder of the Douglas Wright Dance Company that has toured throughout New Zealand, Australia and Europe.
Before founding his own dance company in 1989, he was a member of other prestigious groups including the Paul Taylor Company of New York from 1983-1987.
In 2000 Douglas was one of the five Arts Foundation of New Zealand Laureates. In 2003 he was the focus of a documentary entitled "Haunting Douglas." A year later his memoir "Ghost Dance" was published.
Growing up in a small town whose focus was on rugby, he didn't fit. Instead he turned to gymnastics and later to drugs. His dance movements are often called angry or self-destructive. Wright has acknowledged that he is HIV-positive.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2004 (Memoir "Ghost Dance")
- Work : Start Business 1989 (His own dance company)
Sy Scholfield who writes: Data from an astrology chart drawn up for him and reproduced in his book, "Terra Incognito" (penguin, 2006), p. 8.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : STD/Sexually transmitted (HIV-positive)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer