|born on||14 May 1969 at 19:47 (= 7:47 PM )|
|Place||Boston, Massachusetts, 42n22, 71w04|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||23°59' 08°30 Asc. 22°52'|
American musician who, along with Jon and Jordan Knight, McIntyre and Wahlberg, was a member of the group "New Kids On The Block." The groups' first album, "New Kids On The Block," 1986, fizzled, but in mid-1988 they exploded onto the music scene with their next album, "Hangin' Tough." This album made them the first teen group in history to score four top-ten singles from one LP. Their third album, "Step By Step," soared to the number one position on the chart in two weeks. In total, they sold over 33 million albums worldwide. Wood's mother was completely behind him every step of the way from the time that the group played in dives on their way up the ladder.
The middle of six kids, Wood was the son of a mail carrier. He was 17 when recruited for a boys' band by impresario Maurice Starr, passing up a scholarship to Boston University to play with the other boys. Four years later they were superstars with thousands of screaming girls following their every move. By 1994, sales slid and adulation faded; they were no longer New. The band broke up. Wood's relationship with his girlfriend was also at an end and she left with their baby son. By 1995 he was at the bottom of his game; he had lost his son and his job. His mom died of breast cancer in 1999.
However, he had millions from his gig as a Kid and he moved into the production end of the business, putting out a couple albums for other groups as well as a few of his own. In 1997 he married songwriter Patricia Alfaro, 26 and they had two daughters, Chance in 1998 and Vega in 1999. His son, Daniel, visits and hangs out with Patricia's son Anthony, both age nine, at their Miami home.
He has also played in a couple low-key movies.
- business associate/partner relationship with Knight, Jonathan (born 29 November 1968)
- business associate/partner relationship with Knight, Jordan (born 17 May 1970)
- business associate/partner relationship with McIntyre, Joey (born 31 December 1972)
- business associate/partner relationship with Wahlberg, Donnie (born 17 August 1969)
- Financial : Worst Period 1995 (Low point, band through, lost his son)
- Death of Mother 1999 (Mom died of cancer)
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Mom supportive)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One of the four is a step-son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four kids)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (New Kids On The Block)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music producer)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession