|Birthname||Charles Haynes Wilson|
|born on||16 May 1909 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Glasgow, Scotland, 55n53, 4w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°43' 09°37 Asc. 28°58'|
Scottish educator and administrator. A political scientist, he was appointed Principal of Leicester university College and, later, Principal and Vice Chancellor of the University of Glasgow from 1961-1976. During his tenure at Glasgow he oversaw the expansion of the university initiated by his predecessor, Sir Hector Hetherington - notably the completion of six new buildings and the initial construction of two others.
He was knighted in 1965. He died November 1, 2002.
- compare to chart of Hetherington, Hector (born 21 July 1888). Notes: Succeeded Hetherington as Principal of Glasgow University
Steinbrecher Collection: Paul Wright quotes birth certificate
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Pincipal of Leicester University, Principal of Glasgow University)
- Vocation : Education : Other Education (Professor of Political Science)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Political Science