|born on||3 July 1956|
|Place||Baltimore, Maryland, 39n17, 76w37|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
American TV personality with his own daytime talk show entitled The Montel Williams Show. In 1995-96, he won an Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show Host. On August 23, 1999, he announced that he had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, a verdict he received that past February. In December 2003, he announced that he was relinquishing his hosting duties on the 13-year old show because of depression and multiple sclerosis. He admitted in his book, "Climbing Higher," published in late 2003 that he wanted to commit suicide in March 1999.
He has been married three times. The first marriage yielded two daughters. He and his second wife Grace Williams had a son, Montel, and daughter, Wynter Grace Williams. He announced their divorce in April 2000. On October 6, 2007 he married for the third time, this time to Tara Fowler. The wedding took place at around sunset in Elbow Beach, Bermuda.
Williams served 15 years in the military after graduating from the Naval Academy..
- parent->child relationship with Williams, Montel Jr. (born 17 September 1993)
- Work : Prize 1996 (Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show Host)
- Work : Retired 2003 (gave up hosting duties on his show)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2003 (published "Climbing Higher.")
PT quotes media
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Multiple Sclerosis
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (three kids)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Notable : Awards : Emmy