|Birthname||Cynthia Jane Williams|
|born on||22 August 1947 at 16:35 (= 4:35 PM )|
|Place||Van Nuys, California, 34n11, 118w27|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°03' 23°19 Asc. 23°28'|
American actress who is most widely known for playing Shirley on the TV series Laverne And Shirley (1976-1983). The show ran for 178 episodes, producing some of TV's most wacky and slapstick moments as it revolved around the pair of zany working girls of the '50s-era Milwaukee. After the conclusion of Laverne And Shirley, Williams ran into a dry spell. The last TV series that she was seen in was the short-lived 1993 series, Getting By. However, she and Penny Marshall did a Laverne And Shirley Reunion on 22 May 1995.
Williams came out of an awkward childhood. She admits to a short fuse, the result of growing up with an alcoholic dad with an explosive temper. By the age of 16, she learned to get laughs and decided to set her sights on acting.
She married Bill Hudson and they had two children, Emily in 1983 and Zack in 1986. Williams met Hudson, Goldie Hawn's ex, in 1981 at a baseball game. Her first reaction was thumbs-down but when he sent her a book for Christmas, she relented and invited him to dinner. Two months later she was pregnant and in another two months, after Hudson got his divorce, married. Goldie was delighted as she and Hudson's two kids, Oliver and Kate, got along fine with Cindy and were soon awed by the presence of a half-sister.
She and Hudson, a former musician, worked together in a TV movie Help Wanted - Kids, in 1986. After 18 years together, their marriage unravelled and she filed for divorce on 13 December 2000 in Los Angeles, California.
In 2015, her memoir Shirley, I Jest! (co-written with Dave Smitherman) was published.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Laverne & Shirley (born 27 January 1976). Notes: Played Shirley Feeney, 1976-1982
- business associate/partner relationship with Marshall, Penny (born 15 October 1943). Notes: Co-stars on "Laverne & Shirley," 1976-1983
- has other family relationship with Hudson, Kate (born 19 April 1979). Notes: Stepmother/ stepdaughter
- has other family relationship with Hudson, Oliver (born 7 September 1976). Notes: Stepmother/ stepson
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 11 November 1975 (Debut appearance as "Shirley Feeney" on "Happy Days" TV sit-com)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 27 January 1976 (Debut broadcast of TV sit-com "Laverne & Shirley")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1993 (Short-lived series"Getting By")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2015 (Memoir, "Shirley, I Jest!")
Gene Steele quotes her, B.C. (Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes, Gauquelin Book of American Charts)
- Traits : Personality : Temper (Quick temper)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Awkward, dad alcoholic)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, 18 yrs, divorce)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Laverne and Shirley")
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoir, "Shirley, I Jest!")
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women