|Birthname||Serena Jameka Williams|
|born on||26 September 1981 at 20:28 (= 8:28 PM )|
|Place||Saginaw, Michigan, 43n25, 83w57|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||03°49' 20°24 Asc. 03°10'|
American ranking tennis player in 1998 along with her 15-month older sister, Venus. Her sister is in the Top Ten and Serena in the Top 50 and moving ahead. The girls were brought up in a supportive environment to prepare them for such pressures as the media and competition bring to bear during the tennis tours. Their dad Richard has been called both a genius and a racist who is keeping his gifted kids wrapped in the bosom of their family. He groomed his five daughters to play tennis, but it was the two youngest who paid off, with Venus winning $1.2 million in career prizes and Serena already winning $242,000 by the time she was 16.
During their early professional life, both girls became known as combative and confrontational, skipping tournaments and boasting about being best. Their professional behavior needed a little seasoning to go along with their talent. Serena at 16 is 5'10", 145 lbs, a black Amazon in colored hair beads who is so muscular that the crowd whistles when she takes off her sweatshirt to reveal her sculpted shoulders. Off the court, the sisters are like teenagers everywhere, giggling about boys and talking about clothes and movies.
Serena signed a $12 million contract to represent Puma sporting gear in 1998. The following year she and her sister moved out of their parents' home into a house they built nearby. They've remained close in spite of Serena's surge into the No.1 spot on the tennis circuit.
On 9/11/1999, in New York City, Serena became the first black American to win a tennis Grand Slam singles title since Arthur Ashe won Wimbledon in 1975, and the first black American woman to win the U.S. Open since Althea Gibson in 1958. With her huge 6-3, 7-6 victory over Martina Hingis, Serena, in her third year as a pro, also proved that she was no longer a bratty wannabe with a tendency to feud with other players. Her cockiness is now backed up with winner's cups.
In July 2000 Serena was challenged in a tournament against her sister in the finals elimination for the Wimbledon Title. Defeated by Venus, fittingly enough, the tournament ended on a family note of harmony with the sisters taking the ladies' doubles crown, 7/10/2000.
The bonded sisters have splurged some of the $45 million earnings on a new $2.7 million mansion that they share, along with $3.2 million to buy a house for their folks, Oracene and Richard. Serena is the youngest of the five daughter of Richard, a former sharecropper, and Oracene, a nurse. Her sisters are Yetunde, Isha, Lyndrea and Venus.
Finding that her fame made her a target for fans when she went to the mall, Serena confessed that she got hooked on shopping by the Internet. She said it reached a point of becoming an addiction in May 2001 during the French Open. She was hitting the computer three hours a day and on days when she did not have a match, her binges stretches to as much as six hours, ordering clothes, shoes, books and item for her pet pooch. She had to take herself firmly in hand to break the habit.
After 22 years of marriage, Serena's parents, Richard and Oracene, divorced 10/29/2002, West Palm Beach, FL.
Serena won her second Wimbledon title after defeating her sister, Venus, on July 5, 2003. Venus suffered from a strained abdominal muscle but played to the finish nonetheless.
The older sister of Venus and Serena Williams was shot and killed early on September 14, 2003 in Compton, CA for reasons unknown as of this writing. Trained as a nurse, Yetunde Price owned a beauty salon and served as personal assistant to her famous sisters. The Williams sisters said, "We are extremely shocked, saddened and devastated by the shooting death of our beloved Yetunde. She was our nucleus and our rock. "
Her knee surgery in August 2003 may have sidelined her from playing tennis, but it hasn’t stopped her from working just as hard. She has negotiated a contract with Nike, worth at least $60 million over the next eight years and has embarked on a new fashion career modeling her own evening wear, a line she developed called Aneres. An acting career may also be in the works. She has appeared on popular crime series "Law & Order: SVU" and is developing a film with New Line in which she’ll play the lead. In the fall of 2003, she shot an episode of "Street Time" written especially for her. On January 27, 2007 Williams bounced back to the top of her game, winning her third Australian Open Championship and eighth Grand Slam event. Her spectacular victory made her the first unseeded player in 29 years to capture the Daphne Akhurst Memorial Cup. She took her third Wimbledon crown on July 4, 2009, beating her sister Venus, although she and her sister won in the doubles category for the second consecutive year and the fourth time in all. Her fourth Wimbledon victory was a year later, on July 2010. Shortly after her win, she cut her foot on glass and required surgery to repair the cut. She had a second surgery on the foot in October 2010.
In late February 2011 she was treated for a pulmonary embolism. The following week, on February 28th, she underwent surgery for a hematoma that resulted from the embolism.
On 31 January 2015, she won her 19th Grand Slam Singles title, better than Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova.
- lover relationship with Common (born 13 March 1972)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Bartoli, Marion (born 2 October 1984)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Clijsters, Kim (born 8 June 1983)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Cornet, Alizé (born 22 January 1990)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Sharapova, Maria (born 19 April 1987)
- sibling relationship with Williams, Venus (born 17 June 1980)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1998 (Signed large endorsement deal)
- Work : Prize 1998 (Wimbledon title)
- Work : Prize 1998 (U.S. title)
- Work : Prize 1999 (U.S. Singles title)
- Work : Prize 1999 (French Doubles title)
- Work : Lose social status July 2000 (Defeated by sister, Venus, for Wimbledon title elimination)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Contracts, agreements 2003 ($60 million contract with Nike)
- Work : New Career 2003 (fashion designer/model and actress)
- Death by Homicide 14 September 2003 (older sister killed)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 27 January 2007 (Won Australian Open)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical procedure October 2010 (Second surgery to repair injured foot)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Shelley Ackerman quotes the Hall of Records
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash (Competitive)
- Traits : Personality : Temper
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse - other addictions (Shopaholic)
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive (Groomed by dad)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifth of five girls)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Expensive)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (Endorsements for sporting goods)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Sports : Tennis (Pro)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Numerous)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession