William IV, King of the United Kingdom
|Birthname||William Henry of Hanover|
|born on||21 August 1765 at 03:45 (= 03:45 AM )|
|Place||Buckingham Palace, England, 51n30, 0w08|
|Timezone||LMT m0w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°13' 22°25 Asc. 15°05'|
British royalty, a monarch who was called "Silly Billy." The third son of George III, he was named the Duke of Clarence. After his brother, George IV, died, he ascended to the throne at age 65. Somewhat colorless with Spartan tastes, he was notably eccentric, but had a humdrum old age.
William had a liaison for some 20 years with the actress Mrs. Jordan; they had eight kids who were given the name FitzClarence. He married in 1818; two daughters who both died.
Died 6/20/1837, Windsor, England.
- parent->child relationship with Charlotte, Princess (1819) (born 27 March 1819)
- parent->child relationship with Elizabeth, Princess (1820) (born 10 December 1820)
- parent->child relationship with George FitzClarence, 1st Earl of Munster (born 29 January 1794)
- child->parent relationship with George III, King of England (born 4 June 1738)
- spouse relationship with Adelaide, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom (born 13 August 1792)
- sibling relationship with Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge (born 24 February 1774)
- sibling relationship with Alfred, Prince of Great Britain (born 22 September 1780)
- sibling relationship with Amelia, Princess (born 7 August 1783)
- sibling relationship with Augusta Sophia, Princess (born 8 November 1768)
- sibling relationship with Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex (born 27 January 1773)
- sibling relationship with Elizabeth, Princess (born 22 May 1770)
- sibling relationship with Ernst August I, King of Hanover (born 5 June 1771)
- sibling relationship with Frederick, Prince (born 16 August 1763)
- sibling relationship with George IV, King of the United Kingdom (born 12 August 1762)
- sibling relationship with Mary, Princess (born 25 April 1776)
- sibling relationship with Octavius, Prince of Great Britain (born 23 February 1779)
- sibling relationship with Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (born 2 November 1767)
- sibling relationship with Sophia, Princess (born 3 November 1777)
- Relationship : Marriage 1818
Sy Scholfield quotes London Magazine, or, Gentleman's Monthly Intelligencer, August 1765, p. 431: "Wednesday, 21. This morning about two o'clock her majesty was taken in labour . . . and was safely delivered of a prince at a quarter before four o'clock." Scholfield quotes same data in "An Illustration of the Liturgy of the Church of England" by Thomas Pruen (Rivington, 1820), p. 153: "born August 21, 1765, a quarter before 4 in the morning." Scholfield notes various books containing the same data. For example, "MEMOIR OF HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE DUKE OF CLARENCE, LORD HIGH ADMIRAL OF ENGLAND" in "The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and Instruction" (London: J. Limbird, 1828): "The DUKE of CLARENCE, who is next brother to his present Majesty, was born at St. James's Palace, August 21, 1765, at a quarter before four in the morning, and in the following month was baptized by the name of WILLIAM HENRY."
Previously: Lyndoe in AA 7/1982 gives "sunrise." Dana Holliday has "3:00 to 4:00 AM" from a biography. PC gives 2:00 PM as "recorded," not verified. None of these references come with sources, but Scholfield quotes a contemporary news report and two biographies with a time of 3:45 a.m., therefore the RR has been upgraded from DD to A.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third son)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Mrs. Jordan, 20 years)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Eight illegitimate kids)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Both daughters died)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)