Wilhelm I, Emperor of Germany
|Birthname||Wilhelm Friedrich Ludwig|
|born on||22 March 1797 at 13:45 (= 1:45 PM )|
|Place||Berlin (Berlin), Germany, 52n30, 13e22|
|Timezone||LMT m13e22 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°24' 25°17 Asc. 16°13'|
Prince of the House of Hohenzollern who became the King of Prussia (2 January 1861 – 9 March 1888) and the first German Emperor (1 January 1871 – 9 March 1888), as well as the first Head of State of a united Germany. Under the leadership of Wilhelm and his Minister President Otto von Bismarck, Prussia achieved the unification of Germany and the establishment of the German Empire. Despite his long support of Otto von Bismarck as Minister President, Wilhelm held strong reservations about some of Bismarck's more reactionary policies, including his anti-Catholicism and tough handling of subordinates. Contrary to the domineering Bismarck, Wilhelm was described as polite, gentlemanly and, while a staunch conservative, more open to certain classical liberal ideas than his grandson Wilhelm II.
In 1829, Wilhelm married Princess Augusta von Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach after Princess Elisa Radziwill, his cousin whom he had been attracted to, was deemed an inappropriate match by his father. Wilhelm and Augusta of Saxe-Weimar had two children: Friedrich (who became Friedrich III, German Emperor) and
Princess Luise of Prussia.
Wilhelm died on 9 March 1888 in Berlin after a short illness.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Napoléon III (born 20 April 1808)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich III, Emperor of Germany (born 18 October 1831)
- parent->child relationship with Luise, Princess of Prussia (1838) (born 3 December 1838)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia (born 3 August 1770)
- child->parent relationship with Luise, Queen Consort of Prussia (born 10 March 1776)
- spouse relationship with Augusta of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach (born 30 September 1811)
- sibling relationship with Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (1809) (born 4 October 1809)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 13 July 1798)
- sibling relationship with Carl, Prince of Prussia (born 29 June 1801)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm IV, King of Prussia (born 15 October 1795)
- sibling relationship with Luise, Princess of Prussia (1808) (born 1 February 1808)
- other kin relationship with Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany (born 27 January 1859). Notes: Grandfather
- (has as) worker relationship with Bismarck, Otto von (born 1 April 1815)
- (has as) worker relationship with Nation: German Reich (1871) (born 18 January 1871)
- Crime : Homicide Perpetration 14 July 1861 at 08:30 AM in Baden (Try to assault by Oskar Becker against Wilhelm I.)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death, Cause unspecified 9 March 1888 at 08:20 AM in Berlin (Age 90, via Walter Nelson:"Die Hohenzollern")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from two references: The first, a birth notice from 23 March 1797, gives 'yesterday between 1 and 2 pm' (reproduced in Das Buch vom Kaiser Wilhelm, ein Lebensbild, Volume 1" by Friedrich Wilhelm Adami, Velhagen & Klasing, 1897, pp. 2-3).
The second, a biography, gives 1:45pm: "Wilhelm der Große: Deutscher Kaiser und König von Preußen. Sein Leben und Wirken, zum Gedächtnis seines hundertjährigen Geburtstages" by Berthold Volz (Springer, 2013), p. 13: "Am 22. März 1797, um drei Viertel auf 2 Uhr mittags, hatte die Kronprinzessin Luise mit diesem Knäblein ihren Gemahl, nein das deutsche Volk beschenkt. Wer in die Zukunft zu sehen vermöchte!"
NN No.277 has 2pm.
(PC gives 3/23/1797 as "recorded," not confirmed)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 90)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Germany)