Wilhelm I, Count of Schwarzburg-Frankenhausen
|born on||4 October 1534 Jul.Cal. (14 Oct 1534 greg.) at 13:30 (= 1:30 PM )|
|Place||Sondershausen, Germany, 51n22, 10e52|
|Timezone||LMT m10e52 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°24' 08°22 Asc. 11°41'|
German nobleman, the ruling Count of Schwarzburg-Frankenhausen from 1571 until his death on 30 September 1597 in Straußberg, which is today part of Sondershausen. He was the founder of the Schwarzburg-Frankenhausen line.
He was the son of Count Günther XL of Schwarzburg (1490–1552), nicknamed the Rich or Günther with the fat mouth, and his wife, Countess Elisabeth (d. 14 May 1572). He was raised as a Christian and became a pious, God-fearing, strictly Lutheran man. Married twice, he had no children.
- child->parent relationship with Günther XL, Count of Schwarzburg (born 31 October 1499 Jul.Cal. (9 Nov 1499 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Albrecht VII, Count of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (born 16 January 1537 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Günther XLI, Count of Schwarzburg-Arnstadt (born 25 September 1529 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann Günther I, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondershaus (born 20 December 1532 Jul.Cal. (30 Dec 1532 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 30 September 1597 Jul.Cal. (10 Oct 1597 greg.) (Age 62)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Diplomataria et scriptores historiae Germanicae medii aevi" by Georges Christoph Kreysig, Buder (Typis et sumtibus Pauli Emanuel Richteri, 1753), p. 693: "Von Graff Wilhelmen des Nahmens den I. Graffen zu Schwartzburg, Arnstadt und Sondershausen ... Ist gebohren zu Sondershausen, im Jahr 1534. Sonntags Francifei, war der 4. Octobr zwischen ein und zwey Uhren Nachmittags."
Translation: Count Wilhelm of Schwartzburg, Arnstadt and Sondershausen ... was born at Sondershausen in 1534 on Sunday Francifei, the fourth of October between one and two o'clock in the afternoon.
Note: 4 Oct. 1534 OS was a Sunday.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Schwarzburg)