|born on||31 January 1949 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Oklahoma City OK, USA, 35n28, 97w30|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°00' 15°56 Asc. 09°12'|
American metaphysical philosopher and author of over 16 books, Wilber calls himself an "integral philosopher." In 1996 he published "A Brief History of Everything" and in 2000 "A Theory of Everything."
His first book "The Spectrum of Consciousness" was published in 1977 whose ideas are based in transpersonal psychology. In 2000 he founded the Integral Institute. Wilber's philosophy is eclectic and integrates thinking and ideas from various psychological, spiritual, and cultural sources, including Buddhism and transpersonal psychology. Wilber married Amy Wagner in 1973 and in 1981 they divorced. He married again in 1983, this time to Terry Killam (called Treya). Sadly she was diagnosed with breast cancer soon after and died in January 1989. In 1997 while working at Naropa he met Marci Walters; they married in 2001 but separated soon after.
- Relationship : Marriage 1973 (Amy Wagner)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1977 (First book)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1981 (from Wagner)
- Relationship : Marriage 1983 (to Treya)
- Relationship : Marriage 2001 (Marci Walters)
Ray Grasse quotes him in ISAR e-zine, Volume 455, August 26, 2007: "For the record, his birth info is
Jan. 31, 1949, Oklahoma City, OK, 10:30 PM--data is from him directly
(though where he got it, I don't know--but considering his formidable
memory, I'd say probably personal recollection."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Writers : Metaphysics/ Parapsychology
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy