|born on||8 January 1897 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°51' 25°52 Asc. 25°33'|
British author who, in the fantasy field, was particularly noted for his novels of black magic, including, "They Found Atlantis." He began writing with his first novel published in 1933, an immediate success. He also write secret-service adventures and occult novels.
Prior to writing, he held a naval commission in WW I where he was gas poisoned in 1918. The next year, he entered his family's wine business, taking it over in 1926. Five years later, in 1931, he was married happily, and sold the wine business the following year to write fulltime.
Died on 11/11/1977, London, England.
- Death, Cause unspecified 11 November 1977 (Age 80)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Job related injury 1918 (Gas poisoned in WW I)
Revill quotes him in AJ Autumn/1967; same in his book "Devil and All His Works."
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Writers : Detective/ Mystery
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 80)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Navy)
- Vocation : Military : Wounded (Gas Poison in WW I)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Alcohol business (Vintner)
- Vocation : Writers : Metaphysics/ Parapsychology (Occult and black magic novels)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Took over family business)