|Birthname||John Karl Wetteland|
|born on||21 August 1966 at 20:36 (= 8:36 PM )|
|Place||San Mateo, California, 37n34, 122w19|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||28°36' 16°23 Asc. 16°29'|
American baseball player, a pitcher for the Texas Rangers. Wetteland was originally signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers on 1/09/1985 after being selected in the secondary phase of the free-agent draft. It took ten years of play with two major league teams, as well as their affiliated minor-league teams, before he finally came into his prime.
Wetteland spent the first seven years of his career with the Dodgers, playing primarily for the organizations minor-league teams. He was traded to the Montreal Expos on 12/11/1991 where he spent another two years playing for minor league teams before being called up to the majors. Wetteland spent only two more years with the Expos before being traded to the New York Yankees on 4/05/1995. It was with the Yankees that he fully developed his talent, finishing off four games in the 1996 World Series as a reliever, leading the Yankees to a Series victory. His performance in the 1996 World Series led to an MVP title as well as an appearance in the 1996 All Star Game.
Wetteland is known as an eccentric character. Prior to every game, he puts on hockey pads and skates around the tunnels of ballparks, taking slapshots at the walls. In addition, Wetteland wears the ball cap that he is issued during spring training for the entire season, every season. By the end of the year, the cap is a dirty, sweat-stained mess.
Courtney Conrad quotes BC
- Traits : Body : Handedness (Right)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Skates ballpark, same cap all season)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Professional baseball)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Sports team)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (U.S. to Canada)
- Vocation : Sports : Baseball (Pro pitcher)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (World Series)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (World Series' MVP)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession