|Birthname||West, Jerry Alan|
|born on||28 May 1938 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Chelyan WV, USA, 38n11, 81w29|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°56' 28°14 Asc. 17°46'|
American athlete, one of the greatest basketball players in a career from 1960-74, a great shooter with a mind like a computer. He was drafted in the first round by the Minneapolis Lakers, who transferred to Los Angeles that same year, 1960.
He became head coach of the Lakers 1976-80, general manager 1982-94 and Executive vice president 1995-98. In 1979 he was elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, along with an outstanding record of promotions and awards.
A stubborn, emotional man, West never gave up and was completely exhausted by the time he signed Shaq O'Neil during the Atlanta Olympics. He retired on 8/31/1998 from the Los Angeles Lakers, ending one of the greatest runs for an executive in any sport.
- Work : New Job 1960 (Drafted in basketball)
- Work : New Job 1976 (Four years as Head Coach for the L.A. Lakers)
- Work : Prize 1979 (Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame)
- Work : New Job 1982 (12 yrs. as General Manager)
- Work : New Job 1995 (Three yrs. as Executive Vice Pres. L.A. Lakers)
Cynthia Withers quotes him
- Traits : Personality : Emotional
- Traits : Personality : Persistent (Stubborn)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Exec. Vice President, L.A. Lakers)
- Vocation : Sports : Basketball (Pro)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Coach and general manager)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Memorial Basketball)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession