|born on||25 January 1893 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Arras, France, 50n17, 2e47|
|Timezone||LST m2e20 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°58' 11°05 Asc. 29°46'|
French author, journalist, feminist and European politician.
From 1914 to 1918, she worked as a war nurse and founded a hospital in the Côtes-du-Nord. From 1918 to 1934, she was the publisher of the magazine, "L'Europe nouvelle." From 1935 to the beginning of World War II, she committed herself to women's suffrage. In 1936, she stood for French parliamentary elections, running in the Fifth arrondissement of Paris.
During the War, she was active in the French Resistance. She was a member of the Patriam Recuperare network, and she was chief editor of the secret magazine, "Nouvelle République" from 1942 until 1944. In 1945, she founded the Institute for Polemology (research on war and conflict) together with Gaston Bouthoul in London. She travelled around the Middle East, Japan, China, Vietnam, Africa, Kenya, Madagascar, Alaska, India, etc., made documentary films and wrote accounts of her travels. In 1975, she unsuccessfully tried twice to be admitted to the Académie Française. In 1979, she became a Member of the European Parliament for the Gaullist Party (now Union for a Popular Movement).
She died on 26 May 1983, aged 90, in Paris.
- Work : Start Business 1918 (founds weekly newspaper "Europe nouvelle")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1930 (founds "Ecole de la Paix" school for international relations)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1934 (founds La femme nouvelle and campaigns for women's rights)
Didier Geslain archive, 'w' pdf file, p. 11.
Same data in Taeger Lexicon, no source.
Originally this entry had 26 January. On 7 March 2017 the date was changed to 25 January after GraZia Bordoni forwarded birth certificate and pointed out the mistake.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 90)
- Vocation : Medical : Nurse/ Nurse's Aids (War nurse)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Politics : Public office
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (novelist)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor