|born on||28 October 1903 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°20' 10°39 Asc. 06°15'|
British writer, a novelist best known for "Decline and Fall," published in September 1928, a book that made his name. His "Brideshead Revisited" was filmed as a television mini-series in the '90s.
He met Evelyn Gardner in April 1927 and they married on 6/27/1928. Two years later his wife fell in love with another man and filed for divorce. His interest in Catholicism began at about this time. Through 1932, he had a difficult period with women and continued to have unsatisfactory affairs. In December 1934, he fell in love with Laura Herbert. He proposed in August 1936 and they married on 4/17/1937. He had a total of seven kids, losing one daughter at birth. His father died on 6/24/1943 and his mother in 1954.
Waugh became a convert to Roman Catholicism, being received into the church on 9/29/1930. Some years later, when upon questioning his belief system toward the end of 1954, he became deeply despondent. At the end of 1953 his health was deteriorating and he suffered from delusions. He hoped for a cure from a cruise in January 1954 but he became so deranged that the captain put him ashore at Port Said. He flew to Ceylon where his wife joined him to take him back to England with a complete mental breakdown.
- parent->child relationship with Waugh, Auberon "Bron" (born 17 November 1939)
- other kin relationship with Sorensen, Virginia (born 17 February 1912). Notes: brother in law
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship August 1936 (Proposed to Laura)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Mental Health : Psychotic episode 1953 (Began having delusions)
- Death of Mother 1954
- Mental Health : Depressive episode 1954
James Brockbank quotes Selina Hastings biography, 1994, in which she quotes from his mother's diary, "'Evelyn born 10.30 in great haste before Dr Andrews could arrive," given in an article in Astrological Journal July/2001.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Mental Illness (Delusional)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Nervous Breakdown (Complete mental breakdown)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (One daughter died at birth)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Roman Catholic)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novels)