|born on||22 February 1732 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Pope's Creek Estate Westmoreland, Virginia, 38n1108, 76w5459|
|Timezone||LMT m76w5459 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°19' 16°57 Asc. 18°27'|
American politician, the first president of the U.S. 1789-1797. As a wealthy Virginia plantation owner and a gentleman farmer, he also served as the Commander in Chief of the first American army during the Revolutionary War. In addition, he was the president of the Constitutional Convention in 1787. He was a big boned, six foot, four inch tall man, proud and a great leader.
Not much is known about Washington's early childhood. He went to live with his half brother shortly after the death of their father, Augustine, a Virginia landowner, when George was age 12 (4/12/1743). Washington is famous for the cherry tree story and having wooden teeth, neither of which are true. The cherry tree story was made up by a book salesman to promote sales on an biography that he had penned of Washington and his false teeth were really made of a combination of cow's teeth, ivory and metal. Less well known is that he was an animal lover so devoted to his horses that he required his grooms to brush his horses teeth, that he was one of the country's first millionaires and that he was the only president to not live in the White House.
Washington began surveying in the West in 1748 and in 1752, he inherited Mt. Vernon upon the death of his half-brother, Lawrence. He married Martha Dandridge Custis on 1/06/1759, whom he had met the prior March; he had an illness in December 1758 that was so severe that he was not expected to live for his wedding. They had no kids together but he raised Martha's two kids as his own.
On 11/06/1752, he had his first military appointment and joined the staff of British officer General Braddock in 1755. On 6/15/1755, he was appointed Commander-in-Chief and on 7/03 he took command of the continental army. On 8/15/1781, Washington received the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown. He surrendered his commission to Congress and returned to his home at Mount Vernon two days before Christmas in 1783.
Washington was inaugurated as America's first President on 4/30/1789, 1:00 PM, age 57, and was inaugurated for a second term on 3/04/1793. He retired from politics on 3/04/1797, returning to Mount Vernon.
Washington died on 12/14/1799, Mt. Vernon, VA. His wife died not long after, 1802.
- associate relationship with Greene, Nathanael (born 27 July 1742 Jul.Cal. (7 Aug 1742 greg.))
- associate relationship with Marshall, John (born 24 September 1755). Notes: wrote 5 vols bio on him
- spouse relationship with Washington, Martha (born 2 June 1731 Jul.Cal. (13 June 1731 greg.))
- role played of/by Historic: First Inauguration (born 30 April 1789)
- Financial : Inherited money 1752 (Inherited Mt. Vernon when half-brother died)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person March 1758 (Met future wife, Martha)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Gain social status 30 April 1789 at 1:00 PM in New York, NY (Inaugurated first president)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
More Notable Nativities quotes family Bible. (February 11, 1731/32 OS) Born in Popels Creek, later called Wakefield in Westmoreland County (maps on file) 76 W.56, 37 N.13
(T. Pat Davis rectifies to 9:49:16 AM LMT)
(Clement Hey rectified to 10:05:25 a.m LMT)
(Wayne Turner confirms the data by email 6/2002, " Here is another reference for an important historical
chart--that of George Washington. A photograph of the
family history page from the family bible can be found
facing the title page of "George Washington, A Biography:
Young Washington," which is volume 1 of Douglas Southall
Freeman's multi-volume work. It was published by Charles
Scribner's Sons in 1949, New York. The entry--by an unknown hand according to the author--reads,"George Washington son to Augustine & Mary his wife was born 11th day of February 1731/32 about 10 in the morning..." Note the old style day and the mixed OS/NS year. England did not adopt January 1st as the beginning of the new year until 1752.
The problem of discovering the exact time remains, and a
straight conversion to LMT from LAT gives about 10:14 am."
Wayne Copy of family bible page can be found at http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/project/faq/bible.html (per Sy Scholfield)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height of 6' 4", big-boned)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two step kids)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Inherited large farm)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (One of the wealthiest men of his day, millionaire)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Commander In Chief of the first U.S. Army)
- Vocation : Politics : U.S. Presidents (Inaugerated first U.S. president)
- Vocation : Misc. : Farmer/ Rancher (Plantation)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (First U.S. president)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession