|born on||6 August 1928 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 40n26, 80w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||13°41' 13°49 Asc. 14°23'|
American underground artist and film maker who had a genius for creating attention. An androgyne and voyeur himself, his salon became the New York center of the freak scene in the '60s. When the pop-art movement exploded at the end of 1962, his drawings of soup cans and screens of the famous became hot property. He started film making in 1963, hovering in the twilight zone between reality and fantasy.
Warhol was the son of a Czech immigrant and he studied art at the Carnegie Institute. He designed ads for women’s shoes before bursting upon the cultural scene in the early ‘60s.
On 6/03/1968, he was shot by a demented fan; after his recovery he was somewhat subdued, but still newsworthy in the '80s for his personal outrage of convention and abberative entourage. Warhol founded "Interview" magazine in the early '70s and remained a pop-culture figure into the ‘80s.
On 2/21/1987 he had a gall bladder operation and died the next morning of a heart attack, on 2/22/1987. His estate was estimated to be worth $220 million.
In 1989 the posthumous publication of "The Andy Warhol Diaries" hit the best seller list with their litany of limo’s, dinners, tips, encounters, all the trivia of life among the beautiful – if two dimensional - people. The book contained gossip on almost every star from Warhol’s experience as a party fixture.
- associate relationship with Arman, Fernandez (born 17 November 1928)
- associate relationship with Curtis, Jackie (born 19 February 1947)
- associate relationship with Mead, Taylor (born 31 December 1924)
- friend relationship with Capote, Truman (born 30 September 1924)
- (has as) boss relationship with Malanga, Gerard (born 20 March 1943)
- (has as) boss relationship with Nico (born 16 October 1938)
- (has as) boss relationship with Reed, Lou (born 2 March 1942)
- (has as) boss relationship with Sedgwick, Edie (born 20 April 1943)
- homicide attempt victim relationship with Solanas, Valerie (born 9 April 1936)
- Crime : Assault/ Battery Victimization 3 June 1968 (Shot at his New York studio)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Ultra Violet, "Famous For 15 Minutes" shows a photo of the B.C. with no time. She gives 6:30 AM and states on p.4, "Did the stars incline Andy to be the final master of his destiny? .... I looked (at his B.C.); the Sun was found to influence his 12th house at the time of his birth." The B.C. was filed late, (on May 3, 1945), created from an affidavit notarized by his mother and the midwife, as it was required by Carnegie Tech for processing his college application. The biography "Edie" (1982) quoted a B.C. of October 28, 1930, which was actually the record of another person also named Andrew Warhola. The biography "Loner at the Ball, The Making of an Outsider" discusses the mixup in birth dates and states that August 6, 1928 is the accurate date as confirmed by the delayed B.C., school records and Andy's tombstone. Nick Campion writes that "Warhol's brother gave me the date that he said was correct, August 6, 1928, Pittsburgh, with no time of birth." BBC (5/94) gave 9:30 PM, no source.
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric
- Traits : Personality : Unique
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Heart attack)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Gall Bladder)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Estate estimated At $220 million)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Passions : Sexuality : Voyeur
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (Shot)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Pop-art)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Film-maker)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Motivating/Selling (Genius at self-promotion)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Pop art)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession