|Birthname||Walston, Herman Ray|
|born on||2 November 1914 at 05:15 (= 05:15 AM )|
|Place||Laurel MS, USA, 31n41, 89w07|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°12' 03°31 Asc. 26°07'|
American actor who became most noted for the TV sitcom series "My Favorite Martian." With a naughty pixie face and sly, sardonic wit, he was known to four generations of theater-goers. His two dozen films included "South Pacific" and "Damn Yankees." For the stage production of the latter, he won a Tony. At 78, Walston was still putting in a fine performance on the TV series "Picket Fences." He has won two Emmys for his role as the cranky judge.
Raised in New Orleans, the son of a night watchman, Walston had a childhood of poverty. He married a local actress, Ruth Calvert and both joined the Cleveland Playhouse, then moved on to New York City. His break came in the Broadway cast of "South Pacific," followed by good parts on stage, then TV, then movies. In 1992, he and Ruth had been married 50 years, living in a modest condo in Beverly Hills. Their daughter Kate was 37, the mother of their two grandkids.
In his late 70s, Walston maintains a low-fat diet and bikes ten miles a day to keep in shape.
He died at age 86 from natural causes on January 1, 2001 at his home in Beverly Hills, CA
- Relationship : Marriage 1942 (Ruth Calvert, 50+ years)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1 January 2001 (of natural causes, age 86, in Beverly Hills, CA)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Steinbrecher quotes him by letter, born at home
- Notable : Awards : Tony
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1942)
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise (Bikes ten miles daily)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("My Favorite Martian" and "Picket Fences")
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs