|born on||21 November 1694 (greg.) at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°58' 02°00 Asc. 23°47'|
French writer of philosophy, poetry and history. As an encyclopedist, satirist, novelist and dramatist, he gained lasting fame, despite the fact that he served several stints in prison for political offenses.
Voltaire enjoyed intermittent favoritism with the greats of Louis XV, Chevalier de Rohan, Newton, Locke and Frederick the Great of Prussia. Through the intervention of Madame de Pompadour, Voltaire had a period of favor at Versailles and was made a member of the French Academy. At the time, he amassed a fortune by shrewd investing and money lending to the rich. He lived luxuriously at an estate in Ferney where eminent men and women of Europe often visited.
Voltaire died on 30 May 1778, Paris, France.
- business associate/partner relationship with Diderot, Denis (born 5 October 1713)
- lover relationship with Du Chatelet, Emilie (born 17 December 1706)
- (has as) benefactor relationship with Pompadour, Mme de (born 29 December 1721)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1718 (Wrote his first tragedy)
- Family : Change residence 1726 (Exiled to England, three years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1730 (Tragedy, "Brutus" published)
- Family : Change residence June 1750 (Stayed at the court of Frederick the Great, three years)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change residence 1758 (Moved to estate in Ferney)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1759 (Novel, "Candide")
Penfield Collection quotes Matthews for "Gemini Asc." Brittanica gives the same date "according to his birth certificate, though he kept the date secret and stated several times that it was February 20, 1694."
Starkman rectified to 17.30.36 LMT
Sy Scholfield cites his baptismal certificate dated 22 November 1694 and stating he was born the day before (the 21st), as transcribed in "Théatre complet de Voltaire" by Édouard Fournier (Paris: Laplace, Sanchez et cie, 1874), p. ii.
- Traits : Mind : Exceptional mind (Encyclopedist)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (By moneylending)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Several stints for political offenses)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Philosopher/ Humanist
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy (Sociology, great overviews)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Encyclopedist)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection