|born on||12 January 1863 at 06:33 (= 06:33 AM )|
|Place||Calcutta, India, 22n32, 88e22|
|Timezone||LMT m88e22 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°22' 09°24 Asc. 18°00'|
Indian religious leader, a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna inspired by his teacher to serve men as visible manifestations of God. An illumined being of the highest order, he was the forerunner who brought the spiritual teachings of India to the West in 1893 at the convening of the Parliament of Religions in Chicago, greatly influencing the last hundred years of spiritual growth in Europe and America. During his three-year stay in American, he founded Vedanta in the West. Many of these acknowledge him as a modern Buddha and an emanation of Lord Shiva.
Highly intelligent with a retentive memory, he had stories of the scripture memorized by the time he was six. At 17, he passed the entrance exams of Calcutta University.
Vivekananda became one of the most beloved chelas of Sri Ramakrishna. As the master spent his last years teaching his disciples and streams of visitors, Vivekananda recorded his instruction from 1882 until his guru died on 8/16/1886.
On 5/31/1893, Vivekananda took the universal teachings to the West, breaking with the caste tradition and losing his caste as a result. His denial of the rigid system brought him severe censure from Indian traditionalists.
On 2/20/1897, Swami, as he was called, returned to Calcutta, and the following year, founded the Ramakrishna Mission. The first monastery at Belur Math inaugurated on 12/09/1898. In June 1899, he made a second visit to the new world.
Vivekananda died at 39 years in a state of samadhi on 7/04/1902, at Belur Math, near Calcutta, 22N38, 88E18.
- associate relationship with Thursby, Emma (born 21 February 1845)
- friend relationship with Deussen, Paul (born 7 January 1845)
- (has as) guru relationship with Ramakrishna (born 18 February 1836)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1882 (Recorded Ramakrishna instructions)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1893 (Started spiritual teachings)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 9 December 1898 (First monastery inaugerated)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Modern Astrology 11/1908, data from F.C. Dutt in Calcutta who quotes B.R. (PC gives 6:45 AM as "recorded.")
Sy Scholfield quotes "Vivekânanda: a biography" by Swami Nikhilananda (Advaita Ashrama, 1975), p. 1: "Swami Vivekananda ... was born at 6:49, a few minutes after sunrise, on Monday, January 12, 1863."
- Traits : Mind : Memory (Intelligent, retensive memory)
- Lifestyle : Work : Intern/ Apprentice (Under Ramakrishna)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (India to U.S. to India)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ eastern (Disciple of Sri Ramakrishna)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founder of Vedanta in the West)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession