|Birthname||Thomas James Vilsack|
|born on||13 December 1950|
|Place||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 40n26, 80w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American politician, Governor of Iowa, first elected to that post in 1998, the first Democrat elected to that state's Governor's seat in 30 years. He was re-elected in 2002 and was reportedly on the "short list" for John Kerry's Vice President in 2004. Vilsack entered politics in 1987 when he was elected Mayor of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa and five years later was elected to the Iowa Senate.
Orphaned at birth, Vilsack was adopted in April 1951. He received a bachelor's degree from Hamilton College in Clinton, New York in 1972, and received a law degree from Albany Law School in 1975
He and his wife Christie have two sons.
- Work : New Career 1987 (entered politics)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1998 (Elected Governor of Iowa)
PT quotes media
- Family : Childhood : Adopted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Birth : Abandoned (orphaned at birth)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democrat)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Governor of Iowa)