Vittorio Emanuele III, King of Italy
|Birthname||V. E. Ferdinando Maria Gennaro di Savoia|
|born on||11 November 1869 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Naples, Italy, 40n51, 14e17|
|Timezone||LST m12e29 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°34' 28°00 Asc. 07°14'|
King of Italy from 29 July 1900 until his abdication on 9 May 1946. In addition, he claimed the thrones of Ethiopia and Albania as Emperor of Ethiopia (1936–1941) and King of the Albanians (1939–1943), claims not recognised by all the great powers. During his long reign (nearly 46 years), which began after the assassination of his father Umberto I, the Kingdom of Italy became involved in two World Wars. His reign also encompassed the birth, rise, and fall of Italian Fascism.
In 1896 he married princess Elena of Montenegro (1873–1952), daughter of Nicholas I, King of Montenegro. They had five children.
Vittorio Emanuele (English: Victor Emmanuel) abdicated his throne in 1946 in favour of his son Umberto II, hoping to strengthen support for the monarchy against an ultimately successful referendum to abolish it. He then went in exile to Alexandria, Egypt, where he died on 28 December 1947, aged 78, and was buried the following year.
He was called by the Italians Il Re soldato (The Soldier King) for having led his country during both the world wars (and for Savoy's historical affinity with the battlefield, where the dynasty built much of its power), and, after Italy's victory in the First World War Il Re vittorioso (The Victorious King). He was also nicknamed Sciaboletta ("little saber") due to his height of 1.53 m (5 ft 0 in).
- associate relationship with Giolitti, Giovanni (born 27 October 1842)
- parent->child relationship with Giovanna, Tsaritsa Consort of Bulgaria (born 13 November 1907)
- parent->child relationship with Iolanda, Countess of Bergolo (born 1 June 1901)
- parent->child relationship with Mafalda, Princess of Savoy (born 19 November 1902)
- parent->child relationship with Umberto II, King of Italy (born 15 September 1904)
- child->parent relationship with Margherita, Queen Consort of Italy (born 20 November 1851)
- child->parent relationship with Umberto I, King of Italy (born 14 March 1844)
- Relationship : Marriage 1896 (Princess Elena of Montenegro)
- Death, Cause unspecified 28 December 1947 at 05:25 AM in Alexandria (Age 78)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Originally this entry was rated C (Orig source not known): Modern Astrology May/1937 gave "about 10:15 PM." Same data in Sabian Symbols No.930, NN No.419, and AQ Fall 1935. (Old Moore 8/1908 gave 10:45 PM).
On 12 January 2017 Sy Scholfield changed the time to 10pm and changed the rating from C to A, having forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung" (Vienna Times), 12 November 1869, p. 1040: "Telegraphische (Privat-) Depeschen. Neapel, 12. November. Die Kronprinzessin Margarethe ist gestern um zehn Uhr Abends von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden." (Telegraphic (private) despatches. Naples, November 12th. The crown princess Margarethe was happily delivered of a prince yesterday at ten o'clock in the evening).
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 1.53 m / 5 ft 0 in)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Savoy, Italy)