|born on||31 May 1931 at 08:36 (= 08:36 AM )|
|Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, 29n57, 90w05|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°10' 09°12 Asc. 27°31'|
American opera singer, specializing in soprano for the greater variety of role opportunities, internationally known. Initially a mezzo-soprano, she moved into the soprano range as it offers more role variety. Verrett has starred at the Metropolitan and La Scala, performing leading roles in major cities all over the world.
Married, she has one adopted child.
She died in Ann Arbor, Michigan on 5 November 2010 when her heart failed after several months of an unspecified illness.
Lynne Palmer quotes her.
Sy Scholfield quotes from her autobiography (no time given), I never walked alone: the autobiography of an American singer by Shirley Verrett (C. W. Brooks - 2003), p. 7: "I was born on May 31, 1931, at the Toureau Infirmary in New Orleans."
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One lengthy)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One adopted child)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (National and international tours)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/Opera (Soprano)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women